pray: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (prā), [key]
- to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship).
- to offer (a prayer).
- to bring, put, etc., by praying: to pray a soul into heaven.
- to make earnest petition to (a person).
- to make petition or entreaty for; crave: She prayed his forgiveness.
- to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to God or to an object of worship.
- to enter into spiritual communion with God or an object of worship through prayer.
- to make entreaty or supplication, as to a person or for a thing.
- pray (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.