patron: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pā'trun), [key]
- a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, esp. a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
- a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like: a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.
- a person whose support or protection is solicited or acknowledged by the dedication of a book or other work.
- the protector of a dependent or client, often the former master of a freedman still retaining certain rights over him.
- a person who has the right of presenting a member of the clergy to a benefice.
Pronunciation: (pä-trôn') [key]
— pl. -tron•es
- (in Mexico and the southwestern U.S.) a boss; employer.
- patron (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.