path: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (path, päth), [key]
— pl. paths
- a way beaten, formed, or trodden by the feet of persons or animals.
- a narrow walk or way: a path through a garden; a bicycle path.
- a route, course, or track along which something moves: the path of a hurricane.
- a course of action, conduct, or procedure: the path of righteousness.
- a continuous curve that connects two or more points.
- the sequence of steps that a computer follows in carrying out a routine, as in storing and retrieving a file at a specific location.
- to encounter or meet unexpectedly: Tragedy crossed our path again.
- var. ofbefore a vowel: pathosis.
- a combining form occurring in personal nouns corresponding to abstract nouns ending inwith the general sense “one practicing such a treatment” (osteopath) or “one suffering from such an ailment” (&hasp;psychopath).
- path (Thesaurus)