output: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (out'poot"), [key]
— n., v., -put•ted -put, -put•ting.
- the act of turning out; production: the factory's output of cars; artistic output.
- the quantity or amount produced, as in a given time: to increase one's daily output.
- the material produced or yield; product.
- the current, voltage, power, or signal produced by an electrical or electronic circuit or device. Cf.(def. 4).
- information in a form suitable for transmission from internal to external units of a computer, or to an outside medium.
- the process of transferring data from internal storage to an external medium, as paper or microfilm.
- the power or force produced by a machine.
- to transfer (information) from internal storage to an external medium.
- to produce; turn out.
- output (Thesaurus)