Meaning of outlet
Pronunciation: (out'let, -lit), [key]
- an opening or passage by which anything is let out; vent; exit.
- a point on a wiring system at which current is taken to supply electric devices.
- Also calledout&prim;let box&sec;.the metal box or receptacle designed to facilitate connections to a wiring system.
- a means of expression or satisfaction: an outlet for one's artistic impulses.
- a market for goods.
- a store, merchant, or agency selling the goods of a particular wholesaler or manufacturer.
- a local radio or television station that broadcasts the programs of a large network.
- a river or stream flowing from a body of water, as a lake or pond.
- the channel such a river or stream follows.
- the lower end or mouth of a river where it meets a large body of water, as a lake or the sea.
- outlet (Thesaurus)