WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mercantile establishment, retail store, sales outlet, outlet, place of business, business establishment
- usage: a place of business for retailing goods
- 2. wall socket, wall plug, electric outlet, electrical outlet, outlet, electric receptacle, receptacle
- usage: receptacle providing a place in a wiring system where current can be taken to run electrical devices
- 3. exit, issue, outlet, way out, opening
- usage: an opening that permits escape or release; "he blocked the way out"; "the canyon had only one issue"
- 4. release, outlet, vent, activity
- usage: activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
All rights reserved.
See also: outlet (Dictionary)