observation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ob"zr-v?'shun), [key]
- an act or instance of noticing or perceiving.
- an act or instance of regarding attentively or watching.
- the faculty or habit of observing or noticing.
- notice: to escape a person's observation.
- an act or instance of viewing or noting a fact or occurrence for some scientific or other special purpose: the observation of blood pressure under stress.
- the information or record secured by such an act.
- something that is learned in the course of observing things: My observation is that such clouds mean a storm.
- a remark, comment, or statement based on what one has noticed or observed.
- the condition of being observed.
- the measurement of the altitude or azimuth of a heavenly body for navigational purposes.
- the information obtained by such a measurement.
- observance, as of the law.
- observation (Thesaurus)