nestle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nes'ul), [key]
— v., -tled, -tling.
- to lie close and snug, like a bird in a nest; snuggle or cuddle.
- to lie or be located in a sheltered spot; be naturally or pleasantly situated: a cottage nestling in a pine grove.
- to make or have a nest.
- to make one's home; settle in a home.
- to settle or ensconce snugly: He nestled himself into the hay for a short nap.
- to put or press confidingly or affectionately: She nestled her head on his shoulder.
- to provide with or settle in a nest, as a bird.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.