muff: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (muf), [key]
- a thick, tubular case for the hands, covered with fur or other material, used by women and girls for warmth and as a handbag.
- a bungled or clumsy action or performance.
- a failure to hold onto a ball that may reasonably be expected to be caught successfully.
- a tuft of feathers on the sides of the head of certain fowls.
- .a woman's pubic area.
- See under
- to bungle; handle clumsily: He muffed a good opportunity.
- to fail to hold onto (a ball that may reasonably be expected to be caught successfully); fumble.
- to bungle; perform clumsily.
- muff (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.