muck: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (muk), [key]
- moist farmyard dung, decaying vegetable matter, etc.; manure.
- a highly organic, dark or black soil, less than 50 percent combustible, often used as a manure.
- mire; mud.
- filth, dirt, or slime.
- defamatory or sullying remarks.
- a state of chaos or confusion: to make a muck of things.
- something of no value; trash.
- (esp. in mining) earth, rock, or other useless matter to be removed in order to get out the mineral or other substances sought.
- to manure.
- to make dirty; soil.
- to remove muck from (sometimes fol. by out).
- to ruin; bungle (often fol. by up).
- to put into a state of complete confusion (often fol. by up).
- orto idle; waste time; loiter.
- muck (Thesaurus)