Meaning of mild
Pronunciation: (mīld), [key]
— adj., n. -er, -est,
- amiably gentle or temperate in feeling or behavior toward others.
- characterized by or showing such gentleness, as manners or speech: a mild voice.
- not cold, severe, or extreme, as air or weather: mild breezes.
- not sharp, pungent, or strong: a mild flavor.
- not acute or serious, as disease: a mild case of flu.
- gentle or moderate in force or effect: mild penalties.
- soft; pleasant: mild sunshine.
- moderate in intensity, degree, or character: mild regret.
- comparatively soft and easily worked, as soil, wood, or stone.
- kind or gracious.
- beer that has a blander taste than bitter.
- mild (Thesaurus)