WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mild (vs. intense), gentle, soft, mild-mannered, moderate, temperate, moderate, temperate
- usage: moderate in type or degree or effect or force; far from extreme; "a mild winter storm"; "a mild fever"; "fortunately the pain was mild"; "a mild rebuke"; "mild criticism"
- 2. meek, mild, modest, humble (vs. proud)
- usage: humble in spirit or manner; suggesting retiring mildness or even cowed submissiveness; "meek and self-effacing"
- 3. balmy, mild, soft, clement (vs. inclement)
- usage: mild and pleasant; "balmy days and nights"; "the climate was mild and conducive to life or growth"; "a soft breeze"
All rights reserved.
See also: mild (Dictionary)