Meaning of maximum
Pronunciation: (mak'su-mum), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -mums, -ma
- the greatest quantity or amount possible, assignable, allowable, etc.
- the highest amount, value, or degree attained or recorded.
- an upper limit allowed or allowable by law or regulation.
- Also calledrelative maximum,local maximum.the value of a function at a certain point in its domain, which is greater than or equal to the values at all other points in the immediate vicinity of the point. Cf.absolute maximum.
- the point in the domain at which a maximum occurs.
- that is a maximum; greatest or highest possible or attained: maximum satisfaction; maximum temperature.
- pertaining to a maximum or maximums.
- maximum (Thesaurus)