- 1. maximum, upper limit, extremum, peak, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: the largest possible quantity
- 2. utmost, uttermost, maximum, level best, limit, bound, boundary
- usage: the greatest possible degree; "he tried his utmost"
- 3. maximum, limit
- usage: the point on a curve where the tangent changes from positive on the left to negative on the right
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. maximal (vs. minimal), maximum (vs. minimum), supreme
- usage: the greatest or most complete or best possible; "maximal expansion"; "maximum pressure"
All rights reserved.
See also: maximum (Dictionary)