malt: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (môlt), [key]
- germinated grain, usually barley, used in brewing and distilling.
- any alcoholic beverage, as beer, ale, or malt liquor, fermented from malt.
- whisky, as Scotch, that is distilled entirely from malted barley.
- See(def. 2).
- to convert (grain) into malt by soaking it in water and allowing it to germinate.
- to treat or mix with malt, malt extract, etc.
- to make (liquor) with malt.
- to become malt.
- to produce malt from grain.
- malt (Thesaurus)