Meaning of magpie
Pronunciation: (mag'pī"), [key]
- either of two corvine birds, Pica picaof Eurasia and North America, or P. nuttalliof California, having long, graduated tails, black-and-white plumage, and noisy, mischievous habits.
- any of several related corvine birds.
- any of several black-and-white birds not related to the true magpies, as Gymnorhina tibicen, of Australia.
- an incessantly talkative person; noisy chatterer; chatterbox.
- a person who collects or hoards things, esp. indiscriminately.
- a black-and-white cow or steer, as a Holstein.
- magpie (Thesaurus)