lust: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lust), [key]
- intense sexual desire or appetite.
- uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness.
- a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually fol. by for): a lust for power.
- ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.
- pleasure or delight.
- desire; inclination; wish.
- to have intense sexual desire.
- to have a yearning or desire; have a strong or excessive craving (often fol. by for or after).
- lust (Thesaurus)