Meaning of luster
- the state or quality of shining by reflecting light; glitter, sparkle, sheen, or gloss: the luster of satin.
- a substance, as a coating or polish, used to impart sheen or gloss.
- radiant or luminous brightness; brilliance; radiance.
- radiance of beauty, excellence, merit, distinction, or glory: achievements that add luster to one's name.
- a shining object, esp. one used for decoration, as a cut-glass pendant or ornament.
- a chandelier, candleholder, etc., ornamented with cut-glass pendants.
- any natural or synthetic fabric with a lustrous finish.
- an iridescent metallic film produced on the surface of a ceramic glaze.
- the nature of a mineral surface with respect to its reflective qualities: greasy luster.
- to finish (fur, cloth, pottery, etc.) with a luster or gloss.
- to be or become lustrous.
- lustrum (def. 1).
- a person who lusts: a luster after power.
- luster (Thesaurus)