Meaning of locate
Pronunciation: (lō'kāt, lō-kāt'), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to identify or discover the place or location of: to locate the bullet wound.
- to set, fix, or establish in a position, situation, or locality; place; settle: to locate our European office in Paris.
- to assign or ascribe a particular location to (something), as by knowledge or opinion: Some scholars locate the Garden of Eden in Babylonia.
- to survey and enter a claim to a tract of land; take possession of land.
- to establish one's business or residence in a place; settle.
- locate (Thesaurus)