WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. locate, turn up, find, regain
- usage: discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining; "Can you locate your cousins in the Midwest?"; "My search turned up nothing"
- 2. situate, locate, determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey; "Our sense of sight enables us to locate objects in space"; "Locate the boundaries of the property"
- 3. locate, place, site, station, post, send, place
- usage: assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- 4. settle, locate
- usage: take up residence and become established; "The immigrants settled in the Midwest"
All rights reserved.
See also: locate (Dictionary)