liquor: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lik'ur or, for 3, lik'wôr), [key]
- a distilled or spirituous beverage, as brandy or whiskey, as distinguished from a fermented beverage, as wine or beer.
- any liquid substance, as broth from cooked meats or vegetables.
- solution (def. 6).
- a solution of a substance, esp. a concentrated one used in the industrial arts.
- to furnish or ply with liquor to drink (often fol. by up).
- to drink large quantities of liquor (often fol. by up).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.