liquidate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lik'wi-dāt"), [key]
— v., -dat•ed, -dat•ing.
- to settle or pay (a debt): to liquidate a claim.
- to reduce (accounts) to order; determine the amount of (indebtedness or damages).
- to convert (inventory, securities, or other assets) into cash.
- to get rid of, esp. by killing: to liquidate the enemies of the regime.
- to break up or do away with: to liquidate a partnership.
- to liquidate debts or accounts; go into liquidation.
- liquidate (Thesaurus)