WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, waste, knock off, do in, kill
- usage: get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
- 2. liquidate, pay off, pay up, ante up, pay
- usage: eliminate by paying off (debts)
- 3. liquidate, cash, cash in
- usage: convert into cash; "I had to liquidate my holdings to pay off my ex-husband"
- 4. liquidate, settle
- usage: settle the affairs of by determining the debts and applying the assets to pay them off; "liquidate a company"
All rights reserved.
See also: liquidate (Dictionary)