lesson: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (les'un), [key]
- a section into which a course of study is divided, esp. a single, continuous session of formal instruction in a subject: The manual was broken down into 50 lessons.
- a part of a book, an exercise, etc., that is assigned to a student for study: The lesson for today is on page 22. He worked assiduously at his music lesson.
- something to be learned or studied: the lessons of the past.
- a useful piece of practical wisdom acquired by experience or study: That accident certainly taught him a lesson in careful driving.
- something from which a person learns or should learn; an instructive example: Her faith should serve as a lesson to all of us.
- a reproof or punishment intended to teach one better ways.
- a portion of Scripture or other sacred writing read or appointed to be read at a divine service; lection; pericope.
- to teach; instruct; give a lesson to.
- to admonish or reprove.
- lesson (Thesaurus)