WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lesson, teaching, instruction, pedagogy
- usage: a unit of instruction; "he took driving lessons"
- 2. example, deterrent example, lesson, object lesson, admonition, monition, warning, word of advice
- usage: punishment intended as a warning to others; "they decided to make an example of him"
- 3. moral, lesson, meaning, significance, signification, import
- usage: the significance of a story or event; "the moral of the story is to love thy neighbor"
- 4. lesson, school assignment, schoolwork
- usage: a task assigned for individual study; "he did the lesson for today"
All rights reserved.
See also: lesson (Dictionary)