Meaning of leapfrog
Pronunciation: (lēp'frog", -frôg"), [key]
— n., v., -frogged, -frog•ging.
- a game in which players take turns in leaping over another player bent over from the waist.
- an advance from one place, position, or situation to another without progressing through all or any of the places or stages in between: a leapfrog from bank teller to vice president in one short year.
- to jump over (a person or thing) in or as if in leapfrog: He leapfrogged the fence to reach the crying child.
- to move or cause to move as if in leapfrog: Manufacturers are leapfrogging prices because the cost of raw materials has doubled.
- to move or advance in or as if in leapfrog: Our tour leapfrogged through six cities in four days.
- leapfrog (Thesaurus)