Meaning of input
Pronunciation: (in'poot"), [key]
— n., adj., v., -put•ted -put, -put•ting.
- something that is put in.
- the act or process of putting in.
- the power or energy supplied to a machine.
- the current or voltage applied to an electric or electronic circuit or device. Cf. output (def. 4).
- data to be entered into a computer for processing.
- the process of introducing data into the internal storage of a computer.
- contribution of information, ideas, opinions, or the like: Before making a decision we need your input.
- the available data for solving a technical problem.
- a monetary contribution, as to charity.
- of or pertaining to data or equipment used for input: The keyboard is my computer's main input device.
- to enter (data) into a computer for processing.
- to contribute (ideas, information, or suggestions) to a project, discussion, etc.
- input (Thesaurus)