increase: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.in-krēs'n.in'krēs), [key]
— v., n. -creased, -creas•ing,
- to make greater, as in number, size, strength, or quality; augment; add to: to increase taxes.
- to become greater, as in number, size, strength, or quality: Sales of automobiles increased last year.
- to multiply by propagation.
- to wax, as the moon.
- growth or augmentation in numbers, size, strength, quality, etc.: the increase of crime.
- the act or process of increasing.
- that by which something is increased.
- the result of increasing.
- produce of the earth.
- product; profit; interest.
- multiplication by propagation; production of offspring.
- offspring; progeny.
- increase (Thesaurus)