- 1. addition, increase, gain, indefinite quantity
- usage: a quantity that is added; "there was an addition to property taxes this year"; "they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"
- 2. increase, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a change resulting in an increase; "the increase is scheduled for next month"
- 3. increase, increment, growth, process, physical process
- usage: a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important; "the increase in unemployment"; "the growth of population"
- 4. increase, increment, amount
- usage: the amount by which something increases; "they proposed an increase of 15 percent in the fare"
- 5. increase, step-up, change of magnitude
- usage: the act of increasing something; "he gave me an increase in salary"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. increase, change magnitude
- usage: become bigger or greater in amount; "The amount of work increased"
- 2. increase, change, alter, modify
- usage: make bigger or more; "The boss finally increased her salary"; "The university increased the number of students it admitted"
All rights reserved.
See also: increase (Dictionary)