import: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.im-prt', -p?rt'n.im'prt, -p?rt), [key]
- to bring in (merchandise, commodities, workers, etc.) from a foreign country for use, sale, processing, reexport, or services.
- to bring or introduce from one use, connection, or relation into another: foreign bodies imported into the blood; foodstuffs imported from the farm.
- to convey as meaning or implication; signify: Her words imported a change of attitude.
- to involve as a necessary circumstance; imply: Religion imports belief.
- to bring (documents, data, etc.) into one application program from another.
- to be of consequence or importance to; concern.
- to be of consequence or importance; matter.
- something that is imported from abroad; an imported commodity or article.
- the act of importing or bringing in; importation, as of goods from abroad: the import of foreign cars.
- consequence or importance: matters of great import.
- meaning; implication; purport: He felt the import of her words.
- import (Thesaurus)