Meaning of immortal
Pronunciation: (i-môr'tl), [key]
- not mortal; not liable or subject to death; undying: our immortal souls.
- remembered or celebrated through all time: the immortal words of Lincoln.
- not liable to perish or decay; imperishable; everlasting.
- perpetual; lasting; constant: an immortal enemy.
- of or pertaining to immortal beings or immortality.
- (of a laboratory-cultured cell line) capable of dividing indefinitely.
- an immortal being.
- a person of enduring fame: Bach, Milton, El Greco, and other immortals.
- the 40 members of the French Academy.
- (often cap.) any of the gods of classical mythology.
- immortal (Thesaurus)