helter-skelter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hel'tur-skel'tur), [key]
- in headlong and disorderly haste: The children ran helter-skelter all over the house.
- in a haphazard manner; without regard for order: Clothes were scattered helter-skelter about the room.
- carelessly hurried; confused: They ran in a mad, helter-skelter fashion for the exits.
- disorderly; haphazard: Books and papers were scattered on the desk in a helter-skelter manner.
- tumultuous disorder; confusion.
- helterskelter (Thesaurus)