header: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hed'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that removes or puts a head on something.
- a reaping machine that cuts off and gathers only the heads of the grain.
- a chamber to which the ends of a number of tubes are connected so that water or steam may pass freely from one tube to the other.
- an exhaust manifold.
- a brick or stone laid in a wall or the like so that its shorter ends are exposed or parallel to the surface. Cf. stretcher (def. 5).
- a framing member crossing and supporting the ends of joists, studs, or rafters so as to transfer their weight to parallel joists, studs, or rafters.
- a plunge or dive headfirst, as into water: He stumbled and took a header into the ditch.
- a pass or shot made by heading the ball.
- a sign that is part of or attached to the top of a rack displaying merchandise.
- a line of information placed at the top of a page for purposes of identification.
- header (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.