harmony: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (här'mu-nē), [key]
— pl. -nies.
- agreement; accord; harmonious relations.
- a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts; congruity.
- any simultaneous combination of tones.
- the simultaneous combination of tones, esp. when blended into chords pleasing to the ear; chordal structure, as distinguished from melody and rhythm.
- the science of the structure, relations, and practical combination of chords.
- an arrangement of the contents of the Gospels, either of all four or of the first three, designed to show their parallelism, mutual relations, and differences.
- harmony (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.