haggle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hag'ul), [key]
— v., n. -gled, -gling,
- to bargain in a petty, quibbling, and often contentious manner: They spent hours haggling over the price of fish.
- to wrangle, dispute, or cavil: The senators haggled interminably over the proposed bill.
- to mangle in cutting; hack.
- to settle on by haggling.
- to harass with wrangling or haggling.
- the act of haggling; wrangle or dispute over terms.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.