gush: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gush), [key]
- to flow out or issue suddenly, copiously, or forcibly, as a fluid from confinement: Water gushed from the broken pipe.
- to express oneself extravagantly or emotionally; talk effusively: She gushed with pride over her new grandchild.
- to have a sudden, copious flow, as of blood or tears.
- to emit suddenly, forcibly, or copiously.
- a sudden, copious outflow of a fluid.
- the fluid emitted.
- effusive and often insincere language or behavior.
- gush (Thesaurus)