- 1. flush, gush, outpouring, flow, flowing
- usage: a sudden rapid flow (as of water); "he heard the flush of a toilet"; "there was a little gush of blood"; "she attacked him with an outpouring of words"
- 2. effusion, gush, outburst, blowup, ebullition, expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion
- usage: an unrestrained expression of emotion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spurt, spirt, gush, spout, pour
- usage: gush forth in a sudden stream or jet; "water gushed forth"
- 2. rave, gush, praise
- usage: praise enthusiastically; "She raved about that new restaurant"
- 3. jet, gush, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: issue in a jet; come out in a jet; stream or spring forth; "Water jetted forth"; "flames were jetting out of the building"
All rights reserved.
See also: gush (Dictionary)