gospel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gos'pul), [key]
- the teachings of Jesus and the apostles; the Christian revelation.
- the story of Christ's life and teachings, esp. as contained in the first four books of the New Testament, namely Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- (usually cap.) any of these four books.
- something regarded as true and implicitly believed: to take his report for gospel.
- a doctrine regarded as of prime importance: political gospel.
- glad tidings, esp. concerning salvation and the kingdom of God as announced to the world by Christ.
- (often cap.)an extract from one of the four Gospels, forming part of the Eucharistic service in certain churches.
- of, pertaining to, or proclaiming the gospel or its teachings: a gospel preacher.
- in accordance with the gospel; evangelical.
- of or pertaining to gospel music: a gospel singer.
- gospel (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.