feast: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fēst), [key]
- any rich or abundant meal: The steak dinner was a feast.
- a sumptuous entertainment or meal for many guests: a wedding feast.
- something highly agreeable: The Rembrandt exhibition was a feast for the eyes.
- a periodical celebration or time of celebration, usually of a religious nature, commemorating an event, person, etc.: Every year, in September, the townspeople have a feast in honor of their patron saint.
- to have or partake of a feast; eat sumptuously.
- to dwell with gratification or delight, as on a picture or view.
- to provide or entertain with a feast.
- to gaze with great joy, admiration, or relish: to feast one's eyes on the Grand Canyon.
- feast (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.