external: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ik-stûr'nl), [key]
- of or pertaining to the outside or outer part; outer: an external surface.
- to be applied to the outside of a body, as a remedy: for external use only.
- situated or being outside something; acting or coming from without: external influences.
- pertaining to the outward or visible appearance or show: external acts of worship.
- pertaining to or concerned with foreign countries: external affairs; external commerce.
- on the side farthest from the body, the median line, or the center of a radially symmetrical form.
- of or pertaining to the world of things, considered as independent of the perceiving mind: external world.
- the outside; outer surface; exterior.
- something that is external.
- external features, circumstances, etc.; outward appearance; superficialities.
- external (Thesaurus)