- 1. external, feature, characteristic
- usage: outward features; "he enjoyed the solemn externals of religion"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. external (vs. internal), outer, outside, outside
- usage: happening or arising or located outside or beyond some limits or especially surface; "the external auditory canal"; "external pressures"
- 2. external, extraneous, outside, extrinsic (vs. intrinsic)
- usage: coming from the outside; "extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph"; "relying upon an extraneous income"; "disdaining outside pressure groups"
- 3. external, international, outside(prenominal), foreign (vs. domestic)
- usage: from or between other countries; "external commerce"; "international trade"; "developing nations need outside help"
- 4. external, outward (vs. inward)
- usage: purely outward or superficial; "external composure"; "an external concern for reputation"- A.R.Gurney,Jr.
All rights reserved.
See also: external (Dictionary)