expatriate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.eks-p?'tr?-?t" or, esp. Brit., -pa'tr?-adj., n.eks-p?'tr?-it, -?t" or, esp. Brit., -pa'tr?-), [key]
? v., adj., n. -at•ed, -at•ing,
- to banish (a person) from his or her native country.
- to withdraw (oneself&hasp;) from residence in one's native country.
- to withdraw (oneself&hasp;) from allegiance to one's country.
- to become an expatriate: He expatriated from his homeland.
- expatriated; exiled.
- an expatriated person: Many American writers were living as expatriates in Paris.
- expatriate (Thesaurus)