drinking: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dring'king), [key]
- suitable or safe to drink: drinking water.
- used in drinking: a drinking glass.
- addicted to or indulging excessively in alcohol: Is he a drinking man?
- of or pertaining to the act of drinking, esp. the drinking of alcohol: a drinking companion.
- habitual and excessive consumption of alcohol: His drinking caused him to lose his job.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.