- 1. drinking, imbibing, imbibition, consumption, ingestion, intake, uptake
- usage: the act of consuming liquids
- 2. drink, drinking, boozing, drunkenness, crapulence, intemperance, intemperateness
- usage: the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess; "drink was his downfall"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drink, imbibe, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take in liquids; "The patient must drink several liters each day"; "The children like to drink soda"
- 2. drink, booze, fuddle, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: consume alcohol; "We were up drinking all night"
- 3. toast, drink, pledge, salute, wassail, honor, honour, reward
- usage: propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
- 4. drink in, drink, steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up
- usage: be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to; "The mother drinks in every word of her son on the stage"
- 5. drink, tope, use, habituate
- usage: drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic; "The husband drinks and beats his wife"
All rights reserved.
See also: drinking (Dictionary)