Meaning of distinct
Pronunciation: (di-stingkt'), [key]
- distinguished as not being the same; not identical; separate (sometimes fol. by from): His private and public lives are distinct.
- different in nature or quality; dissimilar (sometimes fol. by from): Gold is distinct from iron.
- clear to the senses or intellect; plain; unmistakable: The ship appeared as a distinct silhouette.
- distinguishing or perceiving clearly: distinct vision.
- unquestionably exceptional or notable: a distinct honor.
- distinctively decorated or adorned.
- distinct (Thesaurus)