distinction: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-stingk'shun), [key]
- a marking off or distinguishing as different: His distinction of sounds is excellent.
- the recognizing or noting of differences; discrimination: to make a distinction between right and wrong.
- a discrimination made between things as different; special regard or favoritism: Death comes to all without distinction.
- condition of being different; difference: There is a distinction between what he says and what he does.
- a distinguishing quality or characteristic: It has the distinction of being the oldest house in the town.
- a distinguishing or treating with special honor, attention, or favor.
- an act of bestowing, or a mark of, honor or favor.
- marked superiority; note; eminence.
- distinguished appearance.
- division; separation.
- distinction (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.