Meaning of dissolution
Pronunciation: (dis"u-l'shun), [key]
- the act or process of resolving or dissolving into parts or elements.
- the resulting state.
- the undoing or breaking of a bond, tie, union, partnership, etc.
- the breaking up of an assembly or organization; dismissal; dispersal.
- an order issued by the head of a state terminating a parliament and necessitating a new election.
- death; decease.
- a bringing or coming to an end; disintegration; decay; termination.
- legal termination, esp. of business activity, with the final distribution of assets, the fixing of liabilities, etc.
- the process by which a solid, gas, or liquid is dispersed homogeneously in a gas, solid, or, esp., a liquid.
- dissolution (Thesaurus)