dispose: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-spōz'), [key]
— v., n. -posed, -pos•ing,
- to give a tendency or inclination to; incline: His temperament disposed him to argue readily with people.
- to put in a particular or the proper order or arrangement; adjust by arranging the parts.
- to put in a particular or suitable place: The lamp was disposed on a table nearby.
- to make fit or ready; prepare: Your words of cheer dispose me for the task.
- to arrange or decide matters: to do as God disposes.
- to make terms.
- to deal with conclusively; settle.
- to get rid of; discard.
- to transfer or give away, as by gift or sale.
- to do away with; destroy.
- disposition; habit.
- arrangement; regulation; disposal.
- dispose (Thesaurus)