Meaning of dignity
Pronunciation: (dig'ni-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- bearing, conduct, or speech indicative of self-respect or appreciation of the formality or gravity of an occasion or situation.
- nobility or elevation of character; worthiness: dignity of sentiments.
- elevated rank, office, station, etc.
- relative standing; rank.
- a sign or token of respect: an impertinent question unworthy of the dignity of an answer.
- person of high rank or title.
- such persons collectively.
- dignity (Thesaurus)