WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dignity, self-respect, self-regard, self-worth, pride, pridefulness
- usage: the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect; "it was beneath his dignity to cheat"; "showed his true dignity when under pressure"
- 2. dignity, lordliness, gravitas, bearing, comportment, presence, mien
- usage: formality in bearing and appearance; "he behaved with great dignity"
- 3. dignity, status, position
- usage: high office or rank or station; "he respected the dignity of the emissaries"
All rights reserved.
See also: dignity (Dictionary)